StopHazing Research and Prevention Consulting Services
StopHazing offers consultancies to organizations that are committed to advancing hazing research and prevention. We offer a menu of options, but in general, most consultancies involve a customized selection of services that are designed to meet institutional needs at a given time. The following menu of options is oriented to college and school settings, though our research and prevention approaches can also be applied to work in the military, healthcare, and other institutional settings where hazing occurs.
Please contact Dr. Elizabeth Allan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information on our services and fees.
Menu of Services
HAZING CLIMATE ASSESSMENT
- Climate Assessment (Basic Assessment) For campuses in the early stages of developing hazing prevention initiatives, these consultancies are designed to provide a preliminary assessment of hazing climate and inform comprehensive planning. Consulting includes a site visit by members of the StopHazing team to:
- Meet with designated campus personnel (administrators, staff, and/or hazing prevention task force/committee members) to describe comprehensive approach to hazing prevention.
- Meet with designated campus personnel to discuss campus goals related to hazing prevention.
- Conduct interviews and/or facilitate focus groups with staff and students regarding attitudes and experiences with campus hazing.
- Meet with designated campus personnel to share preliminary assessment of campus climate.
- Climate Assessment Report (Basic Assessment + Report) Members of the StopHazing team conduct in-depth analysis of data from campus interviews and focus groups. Common themes and key issues related to campus climate and hazing will be presented in a written report that includes recommendations for future hazing prevention efforts.
- Climate Assessment Consultation (Basic Assessment + Report + Follow up Consult) Members of the StopHazing team meet with designated campus personnel and/or task force to discuss findings and recommendations from analysis of climate assessment data in a conference call.
- Hazing Survey and Report (Basic Survey) Members of the StopHazing team work with clients to tailor and administer the Survey of College Student Hazing (TM) for a random sample of students on campus, with provision of a basic report of data and comparison to national data.
- Hazing Survey Consultation (Basic Survey + Consult) Members of the StopHazing team work with designated campus personnel to include additional survey questions specific to campus traditions and culture and discuss findings and recommendations from analysis of survey data in a conference call.
- Hazing Survey Follow Up Consultation (Basic Survey + Follow up) Members of the StopHazing team meet with designated campus personnel via conference call to discuss findings and recommendations from survey data.
Members of the StopHazing team work with designated campus personnel to review, refine, and test components of hazing prevention initiatives that are in development or already established. These consults are designed according to steps laid out in the Strategic Prevention Framework. Consult types address specific aspects of the prevention process and can be combined and customized according to needs of individual campuses.
- Building and maintaing a hazing prevention coalition (Capacity Consult) One-on-one consults with key staff regarding management, mission, structure, leadership and capacity building of hazing prevention coalitions, committees and/or task forces. Consults can involve coalition leaders or full coalition membership.
- Planning for hazing prevention (Planning Consult) One-on-one consults with key staff to advise on processes and steps for effective prevention planning, including development of logic models, engagement of key stakeholders, use of assessment data, selection and recruitment of target audiences, evidence-based selection of prevention strategies, and establishment of milestones and measures for accountability, success, and program outcomes.
- Implementation of prevention strategies (Implementation Consult) One-on-one consults with key staff to develop and refine hazing prevention strategies, including customized feedback on established hazing strategies and/or design of new strategies, selection and recruitment of target audiences for specific strategies, alignment of prevention activities/strategies with hazing policies and procedures, and provision of resources to inform hazing prevention activities, including communications, trainings, policies and procedures, bystander intervention, social norms and social messaging.
- Evaluation of hazing prevention (Evaluation Consult) One-on-one consults with key staff to refine established evaluation approaches and/or design new evaluations of hazing prevention initiatives, including customized survey, focus group and interview design, formative assessments using target audience members to design prevention strategies, incorporation of bystander and social norms information in evaluation instruments, design of outcomes measures, evaluation data analysis, and refinement of prevention initiatives based on evaluation findings.
- Sustainability of hazing prevention (Sustainability Consult) One-on-one consults with key staff to support efforts by lead prevention staff and administrators to sustain ongoing prevention initiatives, including stakeholder engagement, organizational development, networking and formation of peer cohorts, dissemination of resource, and fundraising.